Followers

Saturday, April 6, 2024

Indra

 The name of this island is Godruma. [The celestial cow] Surabhi resides here eternally. Influenced by Krishna’s Maya, the proud Indra showered Gokula with torrents of rain. Krishna then lifted Govardhan to protect Gokula. When Indra’s pride had been completely crushed, he recognized Krishna. In order to rectify his offence, he fell to the ground and caught hold of Krishna’s lotus feet. Although Nanda-nandana, the ocean of mercy, forgave and pacified Indra, the fear in Indra’s heart did not diminish. Thus Indra said to Surabhi, “I committed a dreadful offence because I did not understand Krishna’s pastimes, . I have heard that in Kali-yuga he will perform his astonishing pastimes in Nabadwip. But I fear that at that time I will again be bewildered by the illusory energy and commit offences. O Surabhi, you know everything about how to be saved from committing offences. Please explain this to me.” 

Surabhi answered, “Let us both go to Nabadwip Dham and worship Nimai there.” 

Thereafter Indra and Surabhi worshiped Gauranga at this very place. It is very easy to worship Gauranga. Although the result is also easy to attain, it is the topmost. Indra and Mother Surabhi attain darshan of Gaurahari. Both of them constantly chanted his name and wept. They quickly attained darshan of GaurangaMahäprabhu. They beheld his astonishingly graceful, divine form. 

Mahaprabhu smiled gently, assuming the posture of one giving a boon. He who is the storehouse of rasa, was himself overwhelmed with ecstatic love (prema). My Lord Gaurahari smiled and said to Indra and Surabhi, “I know of your desire. I will soon appear in Nabadwip. At that time you will also take birth in Nabadwip and serve me in my pastimes there. Now the snares of illusion will not be able to touch you.” 

https://www.google.com/search?q=Indra+Nabadwip

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels